Just some moms getting away to sip a drink, munch on some goodies, and chat about something other than what her kid got stuck in his nose today.
Friday, May 2
So, what do you want to read next?
Are there any books you're dying to read as a group? This is where we can discuss that!
5 comments:
Anonymous
said...
here is a partial list of book suggestions i already have. please comment so we can pick our next book: 1. blessed child-ted dekker christian. kinda science fiction... i've read a few, and he usually uses allegories about faith and salvation. a good author
2. quaker summer-lisa samson christian fiction. kinda a chick flick, uh, book, if i remember the review. book of the year by some christian women's group. sounded good.
3. emma-jane austen period piece. fiction. a classic.
4. zion chronicles(a series)-bodie thoene historically-based (i think during WWI). fiction. i love this author.
5. things we couldn't say-diet eman non-fiction.
my vote is for this one. here is what kim carpenter emailed me about it: Focus on the Family featured Diet Eman and that is how I heard about the book. It is about her part in the Dutch Resistance during the Nazi invasion of the Netherlands. She even crossed paths with the TenBooms at times.
I'm interested in "Things we couldn't say". That would be my first choice. But I love "Emma" too. Jane Austen is my favorite author (excepting CS Lewis...Narnia is my true home). I'm not a big fan of Christian romance-y stuff. That's my 2 cents...maybe with inflation worth less to others....love ya'll --Lisa
Ooohhh... I've never read Emma, and I love Jane Austen, so I'm kind of leaning toward that one. Things we couldn't say sounds really good, too. I'm wavering between the two. I've been wanting to read Ted Dekker, also, so we should definitely keep him in mind for another month if we don't do it this month. I don't care. They all sound fine!
Oh! And I love, love, love Zion Chronicles series!!! I haven't read it in years, so that would be really fun, too. Did you gals know that Bodie is dyslexic (Speaking of, did I spell that right?)? It's amazing how she's gotten past that... I think that's maybe why she wrote the two series backward. I don't know!
I love History - So I am hands down with the Zion Chronicles/- and besides the only other Fiction Christian I 've grabbed has been Hinds Feet on High Places and THe Pilgrims Progress- Ilove allegories and would love to read Chronicles OF Narnia sometime:) Anyhow!!For a Non - F Ireally am drawn to Things We Couldnt Say- :) So it pretty much sounds like I just wanna read- lol!!
5 comments:
here is a partial list of book suggestions i already have. please comment so we can pick our next book:
1. blessed child-ted dekker
christian. kinda science fiction... i've read a few, and he usually uses allegories about faith and salvation. a good author
2. quaker summer-lisa samson
christian fiction. kinda a chick flick, uh, book, if i remember the review. book of the year by some christian women's group. sounded good.
3. emma-jane austen
period piece. fiction. a classic.
4. zion chronicles(a series)-bodie thoene
historically-based (i think during WWI). fiction. i love this author.
5. things we couldn't say-diet eman
non-fiction.
my vote is for this one. here is what kim carpenter emailed me about it: Focus on the Family featured Diet Eman and that is how I heard about the book. It is about her part in the Dutch
Resistance during the Nazi invasion of the Netherlands. She even crossed paths with the TenBooms at times.
I'm interested in "Things we couldn't say". That would be my first choice. But I love "Emma" too. Jane Austen is my favorite author (excepting CS Lewis...Narnia is my true home). I'm not a big fan of Christian romance-y stuff. That's my 2 cents...maybe with inflation worth less to others....love ya'll
--Lisa
Ooohhh... I've never read Emma, and I love Jane Austen, so I'm kind of leaning toward that one. Things we couldn't say sounds really good, too. I'm wavering between the two. I've been wanting to read Ted Dekker, also, so we should definitely keep him in mind for another month if we don't do it this month. I don't care. They all sound fine!
Oh! And I love, love, love Zion Chronicles series!!! I haven't read it in years, so that would be really fun, too. Did you gals know that Bodie is dyslexic (Speaking of, did I spell that right?)? It's amazing how she's gotten past that... I think that's maybe why she wrote the two series backward. I don't know!
I love History - So I am hands down with the Zion Chronicles/- and besides the only other Fiction Christian I 've grabbed has been Hinds Feet on High Places and THe Pilgrims Progress- Ilove allegories and would love to read Chronicles OF Narnia sometime:)
Anyhow!!For a Non - F Ireally am drawn to Things We Couldnt Say- :) So it pretty much sounds like I just wanna read- lol!!
Post a Comment