Friday, May 23

Things We Couldn't Say

How are you all doing on this book? Any comments so far? What do you think?

4 comments:

Sheryl said...

It is a little slow going at this moment, but I have about 4 chapters read. I am enjoying her story telling. The last book I read had to deal with WW2 items and the French resistance, so this is interesting to me to read the Dutch resistance. I have known people that had to deal with clean up of the Holocaust and it is truly mind blowing what they did to people. Anyways, I am enjoying her honesty and the excerpts from her journal as well.

Anonymous said...

i am so into this book. jim has to remind me to eat and go to sleep! diet's faith in God's goodness and faithfulness, even during such horror, is so encouraging. and i am ready to get to the good part (liberation and the end of the war!). hindsight is 20/20, but it's tragic that many more died because the world took so long to realize what was really going on.
i read the back cover, so i know she and hein never marry. i'm sad to get to that part. okay, reading on...

Sheryl said...

I finished the book and I love how we get to see her struggle with things of what is going on around and then I love the fact that she has a scripture for her questions or complaints. I also like the fact of how connected she was with Hein to know something was amiss on January 20th. To actually have people believe that the Holocaust didn't happen is beyond comprehension.

Amy said...

How did the meeting go??? I want to hear all about it!